Hello, I'm r000t. I'm a Linux sysadmin, Python programmer, information security enthusiast, and one-trick Ekko.
My big technical project at the moment is fediEngine, a cross-platform, native ActivityPub client written in PyQt5. Its primary design goals are bypassing censorship, improving user safety, and being very light on system resources. You should read my post about it. You can also grab an unstable preview alpha copy at fediengine.org.
Mastodon: I'm serious at infosec.exchange and I shitpost at ligma.pro, which has been cancelled by the more tumblr-y parts of the Fediverse.
Twitch: I'll start streaming League at GNUr000t very soon, I promise. Any day now.
Twitter: Twitter is trash. Anybody on Twitter claiming to be me, isn't. Use Mastodon or Pleroma instead.
[email protected] F830 3E4A 1441 52AD
[email protected] 524A F504 2B6D 36B6
Jabber/XMPP: [email protected]
Signal: +1 6304701769
IRC: I'm not on IRC.
Old Blag Posts
Articles on my old Wordpress blog will eventually be made static and put here. The Internet Archive may have you covered until I get around to it. If you're looking for something specific, I may be able to find and send it over if you get in touch. You may be interested in:
- My article on the League of Legends "Instant Feedback System" being a slightly-modified email spam filter, how humans almost never review chat logs, and how "Riot Support" is actually college students in Washington state.
- My hitpiece on "Mean Texas Lawyer" Jason Lee Van Dyke trying to sue the Tor Project and threatening many, many people with his many, many guns over a revenge porn .onion
- My dump of shit found on Julius "Zeekill" Kivimaki's dedicated server after starfall pwnt it
People I've Pissed Off
I've pissed off a lot of people, including:
- Lizard Squad
- The entirety of 4chan at any given point
- Various other *chans
- Retired Naperville Detective Rich "SQL is illegal encryption software" Wistocki
- Riot Games' support contractor
- Jason Lee Van Dyke
- vinnie "nogainz" omari
- And I've made it quite clear to the feds that if Zeekill ever steps foot on U.S. soil, that they had better get to him before I do. Because I don't do that whole 8th amendment thing.