UPDATE 15 JUNE 2018: This whole article was slightly out of date, and will be rewritten and reposted soon. If you really want what was here, email me ([email protected]), but I took it down so nobody accidentally use old information (this is a post from April 2017) and lose their account.
But here’s the gist:
1. The IFS is very similar to an email spam filter, in that it scores language and compares the score of a chat log against a threshold
2. A nonzero number of reports causes this scan to be run. 1 report is as good as 9.
3. There are zero tolerance words that, if found twice in a game, result in an instant ban
4. You can totally fool people into saying them and baiting them into getting banned. It’s really fun.
5. Riot Support is actually VMC Consulting, and they aren’t Rioters. They’re two states away from Rioters.
6. VMC wasn’t happy about this article and one of their staffers left a nastygram from their company computer (lol)
7. Riot Tantram can’t stop drinking while driving and I find that concerning